Wednesday, February 14, 2007

jackpot!!

it's feb.14 there's nothing significant about this day except for my cousin, Kuya Val's, 22nd birthday.
--------------
last saturday, i felt the urge to buy myself a good book. so i went to SM North Edsa hoping to buy myself Paulo Coelho's 11 Minutes but unfortunately, it was out of stock. both in NBS and Fully-Booked. so i switched my choice to Paolini's Eragon. it was again out of misfortune not available. so i was forced to find myself anything available there. as i rummaged throughout the children's books section, i found McHale's Pendragon. i read the back part of the book. it was.. nice. hehe. i was forced myself to buy that book without any intentions to buy it. weird noh. maybe it was because of the layout that got me or because i was just convinced from the comments in the book which i also read. there's this one comment in the book which says that Pendragon series are even better than Harry Potter. so i thought to myself i ought to try this book out. i started to read it when i got home. liked it. it was jackpot!! a good read while waiting for Harry Potter andf the Deathly Hallows' release.tell u more about it when i finish it. im such a slow-reader kc. hehe.
-------------
then when i went to Books-for-Less last sunday, i found Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and His Boy which only cost less than P200. with 20% discount pa. kaya un, since matagal n kong naghhanap ng gnun, i bought it na without any second thoughts. i'll read it after i read Pendragon. :)
-------------
Photos of the books i bought: [la lang hehe]


6 comments:

Donya Quixote said...

omg PENDRAGON! i read that when i was ten i think... iba yung cover noon... cute siya. much better than paulo coelho, in my opinion. oh, and you can't go wrong with cs lewis. but i have to say that the horse and his boy is my least favorite sa narnia series. i recommend the magician's nephew, prince caspian, and the last battle.

dorkzter said...

to DQ:

i havent started reading the horse and his boy yet. ghuso ko nga kumpletuhin ung series nun eh. ;) mtgal n pla ung pendragon. hehe. kala new lang. :)

Padre Salvi said...

dapat ung makapal na lang ung binili mo. ung seven books in one book. hehe.. pinapasa pasa ngaun dito samin un eh. hehe

dorkzter said...

to Mr. Tuesday:

mahal ata ung gnun eh. hehehe. la p kong budget!! ;)

INIDORO said...

Ow! A book lover! Haha.

Anyway, I'm not much into fantasy (although I read from almost all genres) so I haven't had my eyes over Narnia nor Eragon or even Pendragon. But I've followed the HP series.

Mary De Leon said...

minsan ganun din ako pumili ng libro..hehe.. sa layout at comments.. pagkatapos kong basahin yung binabasa ko, hahanapin ko din yan.. :)