Sunday, February 18, 2007

missing GC


_________________________________________________________
watching this UPCC video made me realize for the first time how much i miss singing and dancing with my choir. it was just since December 15, 2006 when i left and that was one of the most hurting experiences in my life knowing i wouldn't be able to back there anymore. that's why im stuck here to reminisce. i was a freshman then when i unintentionally auditioned for a choir. it was my first time to sing in public [well, at least there were people who were listening to me in that room] hehe. the only main reason i joined was because i would be exempted in NSTP. in that audition i sang twice [in front of the people and in Ma'am Fe's office] and my voice qualified me to become Tenor1 but i become a bassist after a week hehe.. that time i didnt know anything about all those musical crap but i soon learned and started to like singing. my very first performance was in NEU-Pampanga. and the most memorable performance for me was our very own concert last September, 2005. i was proud no getting rid of my stage-fright. [my most memorable outing experience was in Subic, summer of 2006. hehe.] my stay in GC made changes in myself. there, i was taught to become organized and disciplined. in there i met good friends and we treat each other as brothers and sisters. i really miss those guys. everytime they see me, they would tell me "kuya dex balik ka na!". i couldn't respond to this, instead i just smile at them. sigh. weighing the disadvantages and advantages of going back, the disadvantages seems to outweigh the advantages. sigh, i guess what's done is done. but im still very thankful to God for bringing me inside that group. actually, it's more than just a group, it's family. and im proud i became part of it.

4 comments:

INIDORO said...

I sense a big sayang on your part. Well, we all have regrets with every decision. Maybe that's why you miss GC. But as you've said, the disadvantages weigh more than the advantages. It's your decision.

Am just wishing you good luck with that. Maybe you can fin another one, eh?

Mary De Leon said...

wow.. na miss ko tuloy bigla yung choir days ko nung nursing pa ko.. hehe.. pero ok lang kasi nasa music ministry ako ng church namin.. so, yung nappunuan ang paghahanap ;)

ang pinagkaiba lang natin, namimiss ko man, ayoko na ring balikan, o kung babalik man ako, yun ay dahil kukunin ko yung cd ko nung concert namin..hehe..

kanta tayo minsan! hehe.. ;)

aajao said...

dex, kung posible pa, bumalik ka sa GC. i've been there, i've done that. iba ang "fulfillment" kapag nagtapos ka sa era at kasabay mo ring natapos ang pagiging miyembro mo sa glee club. kung gusto mo ng kwento kaugnay nito, alam mo kung saan ako matatagpuan (online).

kuya j0n

dorkzter said...

to tea:
yeah. its really sayang. i'll just focus on my studies nlng.

to marya:
ah pwede k p pla bumalik. ako hindi na. hehe. anu b choir voice mo?

to kuya jon:
nhihiya n kong bumalik at tingin ko di nrin ako pbblikin ni mam. gusto ko din tlga grumadruate n nandun kaso dala ng pgging pasaway ko di n m22pad un hehe