Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm back for good! (i hope)

I miss blogging. That’s one fact in my think-tank that I can not eradicate no matter how persistent I am on trying to ignore this longing. It has already been almost 10 months ago since my last post and obviously a lot have happened during that lengthy hiatus, such happenings that are really worth sharing with my blog, but I failed to do so because I was too lazy to write all about them. Another factor was, I don‘t have my own internet connection anymore. It would be a pain, going to and fro the town centre just to go online, with my parents being so stingy to me these days, I hated it. But now the long wait is over. I can not ignore this burning desire forever. I’m a born writer! A writer has to write even if people don’t actually read his writings. Right?

I guess at this point, you’re already expecting me to relate a summary of the happenings that has been, but I won’t. These happenings are already a thing of the past, and relaying them to you would just take me ages to finish writing them down. Since it’s the start of the new year, why don’t we just stick to the present, for now.

At this moment, I’m typing this down in our room, my family’s room, here in Sharjah, UAE. It has been a great feeling being reunited with my family once again, since it has only happened once before when they came home in the Philippines, when I was still staying there trying to finish my studies. But right now is more special because this isn’t just another one of those vacation trips like before. I guess we’ll be together for quite a longer time, well at least that’s what I’m hoping for. It’s really great being given a chance to come back here in this country where I grew up. I guess that’s the reason why I had no difficulties trying to adjust to my new (yet not so new) environment, though a lot has really changed since the last 8 years that I’ve been gone. Not just a lot. I mean, this place just BOOMED, big time. Not that I’m not aware of it, its just a different experience when you’re actually here getting an actual view of the place. Everything here is just spectacular. Comparing the past with the present has just recently been my favourite hobby. I guess it’s a more fun thing to do when you’re able to see them directly, not just trying to visualize the whole thing. A lot has changed and everything is just spectacular. (Did I say that already?) Don’t worry coz in my succeeding posts, I think I’ll tackle some of my ventures here within the Emirates. That’d be exciting!

Aside from that, because of this nasty financial turmoil, I’m still (unfortunately) unemployed. Yet I’m still grateful because without my parents’ employers’ support, I wouldn’t be here right now. Plus, they are the one’s who referred me to Citibank, coz one of their nephews is a manager there. So a week ago, I got invited for an interview, I don’t really know how I did coz they just told me to wait for a call after a week or two but until now, I haven’t received any. If until this coming week and still no call yet, I’m afraid they’d deploy me at Emic (Emirates Metallic Industries Corp.). But I don’t want to! I wanna work in the financial district of Dubai, not within the Industrial Area. That’s why I’m ain’t giving up on hope. I just wish good news will come this coming week.

End! ‘till next post! :D

3 comments:

Ely said...

Welcome back!!! hehehe. halos one year anniversary na ng absence mo ah. LOL

aajao said...

uyy.. look who's back! i hope you are doing very good there. regards sa lahat dyan! :)

dorkzter said...

why thank you guys for that warm welcome! :D