Monday, March 5, 2007

pesky kid

so much happened this week. and im not in the mood to story-tell all about it. im just just gonna write about what happened to me last thursday on our trip to Manila. we accompanied mitch to divisoria coz she had to buy a new dress for the Holy Supper (held last Saturday-Sunday). we rode a bus and alighted in morayta. again on the way there, i sighted UST. [im such a frustrated Thomasian.. grr] when we alighted the bus, we passed over an overpass and when we got to the opposite side, we saw a kid. he was begging for alms. but he's not the main character here, it were the dogs who were with the kid carrying a basket using there jaws. the dogs were so cute and adorable helping the little kid into making the passers-by drop a few coins in their basket. after dropping a few coins, we went on our way to 168 mall. we rode a jeepney to get there. we travelled in the jeepney without taking my hanky off my face because the entire place's air polluted from all the vehicle congestion. it was my first time in 168 mall. so i went all cautious coz some people might pick-pocket me. luckily i wasn't. the place was nice. it wasn't so crowded since it was thursday that. i saw a few things i wanted to buy but i couldn't coz i didn't have enough dough. sigh, it was frustrating. after mitch bought a dress, we went to the top floor at the food court. we just sat there while eating quial eggs. [did i get the spelling right? im doubtful] we left the mall at around 4pm. we decided to go home but after visiting the quiapo church. again, we walked to get there. when we got there, we saw there was a mass going on so we just headed home. wendel told us that there were jeepneys and fxs under the bridge so went there. after having gotten out of the church. a kid just approached me and tried to sell me this necklace with a nazareno pendant. i just shook my head to tell the kid, who looked like he's aged 7 or 8, that im not interested. and before you know it he just clung on me. i was shocked! and disgusted coz the kid wasn't so clean and.. well, you get what i mean. plus he has wounds on his skin that looked like allergies!! eiw!! i tried to get his dirty hands off my shirt but he still wouldn't budge. he began to get teary-eyed and even tried to wear the necklace on my wrist, i even heard him tell me, "sige na kuya Nazareno yan eh!". at those words, i felt really sorry for myself coz i really can't buy the thing he was offering me. it was against my religion. i figured out i could just give him money instead. i offered him some coins but he won't accept it. [at that point, he was still clunged to shirt..] shit i was starting to get pissed off. it was a good thing my friends were with me at that time at they too were trying to explain to kid that i really could buy the necklace. they even offered him some coins, like i did. but he was too desperate to sell the necklace. we were puzzled about what the kid's problem was. after seconds, other vendors [old ones] noticed what was happening and they too persuaded the kid to leave us alone. then the kid got his dirty paws off of me at last and took off. sheesh.that really was a traumatic experience for me. what was the kid's problem?! why did he pick me to cling on to instead of one my friends?! was it because he sensed that i was already too sinful that i needed that necklace so bad?! or was it because i was the only one looking rather rich among my friends?! Gawd. im not rich. i wasn't even wearing anything preppy that day. well, i just figured out those questions wouln't be answered anyway so i set aside my thoughts and just asked for alcohol from my friend. my skin felt all itchy after that pesky kid got off me. i rubbed alcohol all over my skin and felt that i desperately wanna head to the showers right away. but after that i felt great pity ove that kid.he was poor. there shouldn't be any child labor everywhere. that kid was meant to be in school. just like i did. i just hope he gets on with his life happy. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i witnessed what happened to dexter. hahaha.. yabang kc.. buti nga....